Your browser does not support script
When do we need speech therapist help?
We want to distinguish situations, when the early age child (under 3 years) could be in need of speech therapist).
1. In case of disturbance of articulation organs tonus and/or the child’s movement is space is limited. For example, in cases of cerebral palsy or spinal muscular atrophy.
2. In cases of impaired mental function or mental deficiency;
3. The child is limited in communication with elders;
4 The child of early age is behind in speech development for unknown reasons;
5.One of the parents (of both of them) started to talk later than usual, or had/has speech defect. This could be the expression of hereditary factor.
6. The child has vision and/or hearing impairment.
7. Surgeon of the health center recommends trimming of the hyoid ligament.
In all above mentioned cases, you have to find the therapist who works with early age children. Also, in case of cerebral palsy or spinal muscular atrophy, it is necessary to make regular logopedical massages (all toning, relaxing and selective). You yourself can be trained to do such massage.
Please notice, that children may have negative reaction when someone touches their face. That is why it is highly recommended to use it as a part of playing technique to get the positive reaction.
Let's be attentive to our children!
© 2009 GADIA.GE